Welcome to our comprehensive review of Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam. Whether you’re a car enthusiast or a professional detailer, this review aims to provide you with valuable insights to help you make an informed decision.
While you can wash your car with regular soaps, including dish soap, these soaps may strip off your car’s protective wax. For this reason, you should use a dedicated car-wash product like the Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam.
Unlike regular soaps, the Honeydew Snow Foam from the Chemical Guys is milder and specifically formulated for use on automotive paint. Therefore, it is gentle on all exterior parts of any vehicle and delivers loads of dirt-fighting bubbles for a great wash.
But wait, that’s not all! So, read our comprehensive Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam review to learn more about this car soap.
A Review of Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam – Is It Worth the Hype
Snow-foam car washing is a popular choice among car owners. There is a bunch of snow foam on the market. With the devastating performance of Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam, we decided to review it in-depth. This will help people to understand its effectiveness, pros, and cons.
Read on to find out everything there is to know regarding its features, pros, cons, and how it works.
- Ingredients: Made of a blend pH neutral lubricants and surfactants
- Scent: Honeydew scent
- Weight: Available in 16 oz, 64 oz, and 128 oz sizes
- Biogradibility: 100% biodegradable
- Used for: Works with wash bucket, foam gun and cannon
- Foam and suds: Lots of thick foam and extra slippery suds
Let’s break down every side of Honeydew snow foam in details below.
One of the notable features of this formula is that it is safe for use on all surfaces, including vinyl, rubber, plastic, and glass. This is despite being formulated from powerful hyper surfactants.
What makes it safe is the fact that it is pH neutral. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about it damaging your vehicle’s paint, sealants, clear coat, or waxes.
Lots of Thick Foam and Suds
This car shampoo is concentrated. And even when you dilute it, it produces a lot of thick foam similar to a rich blanket of clinging snow.
The thick foam is designed to stick on dirty surfaces, lifting off tough dirt and grime with minimal effort. Even better, the foam rinses without leaving any residue.
Modes of Usage
Besides being an excellent formula for two-bucket washes, you can also use this shampoo with a foam gun or cannon. But between using a foam gun vs foam cannon, the latter allows you to spray more foam quickly than the former.
Chemical Guys offer this product in three sizes, including 16 oz, 64 oz, and 128 fl oz. If you wash your car regularly, the 64 or 128 fl oz size package should last a long time.
This formula boasts a fresh, natural honeydew scent that is watermelon-like with a sweet fruity flavor. Therefore, it is sure to leave your car clean and smelling good. On the flip side, this shampoo is not for you if you are sensitive to fragrances.
You will be pleased to know that this formula is fully biodegradable and environmentally friendly. Simply put, the shampoo will be broken down naturally by bacteria and other organisms once released into the ecosystem.
Extra Smooth Suds
Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam produces extra slippery suds that are gentle on your vehicle’s surfaces. Therefore, with this formula, you are guaranteed scratch-free washes every time.
- Can be safely used under direct sunlight
- Rinses without leaving any residue, ensuring a spot-free wash
- Cuts through the toughest dirt and grime without damaging the paintwork
- Easy to use by professional and beginner detailers
- Offers professional-grade results every time
- Foams nicely even with a cheap foam gun
- Lasts many washes thanks to its concentrated form
- Poor packaging hence the soap may arrive leaking
- The two-bucket method does not produce a lot of thick foam
- Not recommended for people sensitive to fragrances
Honeydew Snow Foam Specification Table
Check out this table to learn more about all specifications of this Honeydew Snow Foam by Chemical Guys.
|16 oz, 64 oz, & 128 oz
|Plastic, metal, ceramic, and glass
How To Use The Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam?
Two methods of using this car soap include a 2-bucket wash and foam cannon or gun. But you have to wash your hand after foam cannon and other method of washing.
Below is how each process works.
Method 1: Two Bucket Wash
You will need at least two buckets. One is for washing, and the other one is for rinsing. Following are step-by-step directions for use:
Step 1: Preparation
- Find two 5-gallon buckets and fill each one of them with clean water.
- Then, add about 1 oz. of Honeydew snow foam to one of the buckets for washing.
Step 2: Start the Cleaning
- Get a microfiber wash mitt and immerse it in the soapy water bucket.
- Then, start cleaning from the top of your car and work your way down.
- Rinse the mitt inside the bucket with clean water to remove any dirt particles that could scratch your car.
- Next, dunk it again in the soapy water and continue with the cleanup.
Step 3: Rinse, and Dry
- Take a pressure washer or a hose and rinse off the soap from the roof down.
- Then, get a microfiber towel and wipe your vehicle dry.
Method 2: Foam Gun/Cannon
For this method, you must buy a foam gun or a foam cannon for a pressure washer. Read on to find out how to do it step by step.
Step 1: Prepare the Cleaning Solution
- Mix about 2 oz. of your Honeydew snow foam with warm water in your foam cannon’s canister. The foam cannon can also work with any Chemical Guys soap.
- Next, reattach the canister to the head of your foam gun or cannon and then to the pressure washer lance.
Step 2: Fine Tune the Foam
Foam cannons or guns usually boast an adjustable dial with different settings, including for gentle no-touch wash. Adjust the dial to reduce or increase the amount of foam based on how dirty your car is.
Step 3: Apply the Mixture
Using your foam gun or cannon, generously coat your entire car with the foam. However, if your foam cannon only works upside down, your soap-to-water ratio could be incorrect.
Step 4: Rinse
- Let the foam sit on the car for a few minutes.
- Then, rinse your vehicle with clean water and dry it using a soft towel.
- If the car is not completely clean, you can repeat the process or hand wash it using the two-bucket method.
Buying Guide of Car Wash Soap For Snow Foam Cannon
Before buying your car wash soap for snow foam, you must consider the following factors.
Amount of Foam or Suds
The foam helps loosen up all the grime, dirt, and grease buildup on your vehicle since the last wash. So, the more foam or suds, the easier it will be to clean your car.
You must also consider how slippery the car wash soap is. The greasier the soap is, the better, as you can be sure it will not scratch your vehicle’s surface.
When the car wash soap is pH balanced, it will not strip away your car’s existing wax and sealants or damage the paint. As such, you can use it to safely clean various vehicle surfaces.
Lastly, choosing an environmentally safe car wash soap would be best. Simply put, the soap should be biodegradable after going down the drain.
Overall, the Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam is one of the best car soaps for many good reasons. Besides being pH neutral, the soap is made of biodegradable ingredients. Even better, it is highly concentrated and produces many thick suds, providing professional-grade results.
Although slightly expensive, you can check Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo as an alternative. Like Chemical Guys soap, it is pH neutral and works well with a foam cannon, gun, or wash bucket. Not to mention, it produces a rich, thick snow-like foam.